The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 N is a groundbreaking electric SUV that combines stunning design, exhilarating performance, and cutting-edge technology. It is the first electric vehicle from Hyundai’s N performance division, which aims to deliver thrilling driving experiences with a focus on fun and engagement. We will review the key features, specifications, and competitors of the Ioniq 5 N and explain why it is a game-changer in the EV market.
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 N is based on the Hyundai Ioniq 5, which won the Car and Driver’s EV of the Year award in 2022. However, the N version has a more aggressive and sporty appearance, with a number of distinctive elements that set it apart from the regular model. These include:
- A racier nosepiece with a larger grille and air intakes
- Wider fenders and wheel arches to accommodate larger wheels and tires
- A large rear diffuser with dual exhaust tips
- A wing-type rear spoiler for enhanced aerodynamics
- Red accents on the bodywork, brake calipers, and badges
- N logos on the front, rear, and sides
The interior of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 N is also designed to reflect its high-performance character, with features such as:
- Bucket seats with N logos and red stitching
- A flat-bottomed steering wheel with paddle shifters and configurable buttons
- Metal pedals and footrests
- Red ambient lighting
- A digital instrument cluster and a touchscreen infotainment system that display various performance data and settings
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 N is powered by a dual-motor system that delivers 601 horsepower and 545 pound-feet of torque normally and 641 horsepower with the N Grin Boost feature activated. This feature increases the power output for up to 20 seconds by using more energy from the battery. The Ioniq 5 N can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.4 seconds and reach a top speed of 161 mph.
The Ioniq 5 N also boasts impressive handling and agility thanks to its all-wheel drive system, adaptive suspension, and large brakes. The Ioniq 5 N also features a simulated gearshift feature that replicates the feel of a multi-speed automatic transmission, giving drivers more control and engagement. The Ioniq 5 N also offers four driving modes (Eco, Normal, Sport, and N) and a dedicated drift mode for some sideways fun.