The Fiat 600e is the latest addition to the Fiat family, and it has already won the prestigious title of Car of the Year in the city car category by Carwow. This small SUV is exclusively available as an electric car in the UK, and it offers a range of benefits for urban drivers. In this article, we will explore the features, performance, and design of the Fiat 600e and see why it is the perfect vehicle for the city.
What is the Fiat 600e?
The Fiat 600e is the successor of the Fiat 500X, which was discontinued in 2023. The 600e is based on the same platform as the Jeep Avenger, another electric car from the Stellantis group. The 600e is part of Fiat’s plan to electrify its entire lineup by 2025.
The Fiat 600e is a compact SUV that measures 4.3 meters long, 1.8 meters wide, and 1.6 meters high. It has a wheelbase of 2.6 meters, which provides enough space for five passengers and 350 liters of boot capacity. The 600e is available in three trim levels: Action, Passion, and Icon.
The Fiat 600e is powered by a single electric motor that produces 156 horsepower and 220 Nm of torque. The motor drives the front wheels and can accelerate the car from 0 to 60 mph in 9 seconds. The top speed is limited to 93 mph.
The Fiat 600e has a 54 kWh battery pack that can deliver up to 250 miles of range on a single charge. The battery can be recharged from 20% to 80% in 27 minutes using a 100 kW fast charger. The 600e also supports regenerative braking, which recovers energy during deceleration and braking.
What are the features of the Fiat 600e?
The Fiat 600e is equipped with a range of features that make it a smart and comfortable city car. Some of the highlights include:
- A 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, wireless charging, and a six-speaker sound system.
- A 7-inch digital instrument cluster that displays key information such as speed, battery level, range, and driving mode.
- A two-spoke steering wheel with multifunction buttons and a retro-style dashboard with a full-width air vent.
- A panoramic sunroof, LED headlights, and taillights, and a choice of 16 or 18-inch alloy wheels.
- A suite of advanced driver assistance systems, such as adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, blind spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, traffic sign recognition, and emergency braking.
What are the benefits of the Fiat 600e?
The Fiat 600e is designed to offer a number of benefits for city drivers, such as:
- Zero emissions: The Fiat 600e is a fully electric car that does not produce any harmful emissions. This means it can help reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions and contribute to a cleaner and greener environment.
- Low running costs: The Fiat 600e is cheaper to run than a conventional petrol or diesel car, as electricity is cheaper than fuel. According to Carwow, the 600e costs around 3.5 pence per mile to run, compared to 11.5 pence per mile for a petrol car. The 600e also benefits from lower maintenance costs, as electric cars have fewer moving parts and less wear and tear.
- Tax incentives: The Fiat 600e is eligible for various tax incentives in the UK, such as zero road tax, zero congestion charge, and a £2,500 government grant. These incentives can help lower the initial and ongoing costs of owning an electric car.
- Fun to drive: The Fiat 600e is not only practical and economical but also fun to drive. The electric motor delivers instant torque and smooth acceleration, while the low center of gravity and balanced weight distribution provide agile handling and stability. The 600e also has three driving modes: Normal, Range, and Sherpa, which allow the driver to adjust the performance and efficiency of the car according to their preferences.